I can’t believe it’s my birthday already! It seems like we were celebrating my last birthday just yesterday. First, let me say, I am so grateful for this new year of life and excited for the next 365 days – the last year of my 30s (they came and went so fast). I have so many goals and things I want to accomplish, like getting my Ph.D. (woohoo!).
On the same token, I am appreciative of the past year, and all the lessons learned as I reflect back. I am confident that the lessons I’ve learned–and telling you in this blog post–will make this coming year even better. So as I compile this list, I hope my experiences and all the lessons learned to help you on your path.
- It’s OK to say no. “It’s only by saying ‘no’ that you can concentrate on the things that are really important,” says Steve Jobs. With juggling multiple hats, each just as important as the other, I have to say no to the things that take me out of focus and off my goals.
- Show appreciation for the people in your life. Oprah Winfrey says, “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” I’m so honored to have a supportive, husband and family and an amazing team. They are the driving force behind Ivori Nicole Events and help make our events a work of art.
- Invest in yourself. “Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life; it will improve the lives of all those around you,” said Robin S. Sharma. And, I can’t agree more. This year, I’ve invested in my education, seminars and tradeshows for myself and my team to make sure we bring the best and most innovative ideas in events to you. The return on investment is immeasurable.
- Single tasking trumps multitasking. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have all attributed their success to one factor: Focus. I must agree. Every time I’ve tried to juggle more than one thing and multitask, it failed. Multitasking is the one thing I teach when speaking on work/life balance.
- Life is worth celebrating. Life is short, have a party! There are so many wonderful things to celebrate. So plan an event, and don’t forget to call us to help.
What are you celebrating this summer? Let us help you plan your next major event. Summer and fall dates are still available. Contact us here.